legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
4622441

I have two more children whose fathers dont have anything

Customer Question

I have two more children whose fathers don't have anything to do w/ them. One hasn't seen or heard from his father in over 2 years and the other doesn't even know who his biological father is (he calls my husband daddy). I currently live in South Carolina w/ my children. One of my son's fathers lives in Mississippi and the other lives in Florida. Is there a way I can have their rights revoked w/o their permission? My husband wants to adopt both boys and can't do so until they're biollogical fathers no longer have rights.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

You can file a petition with the court in SC to terminate the bio father's rights and if they do not show up or contest it the court can terminate on default. If they do show up to contest it you can present evidence that it is in the children's best interest to terminate even against the father's wishes.