legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

My ex and I are getting remarried and her ex does not want

My ex and I are getting remarried and her ex does not want me around the kids at night as of right now.There has been no abuse of any kind in our marriage 2 of her 3 kids love me only her 12 yr old does not like me.There has never been any abuse I even had her cal him before I applied any kind of discipline and the 12 yr old was never touched by me.I only had her do her chores around the house and I wouldnt let her run wild like she did at her dads.We will b getting married soon and my question is can he keep us apart until we are re married?The state is Alabama

Thank you for contacting with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

Unless the father gets a court order that states the mother can not have overnight guests of the opposite sex, then you and she can live together or at least have overnight stays. But with a court order you would be limited by the court until after the marriage.