How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If there is a rule 11 in place and I have no lawyer due to

This answer was rated:

If there is a rule 11 in place and I have no lawyer due to my dropping my lawyer for non compliance, and I can not afford another lawyer, will the rule 11 stay in place indefinitely?

The Rule 11 agreement would stay in place, even after your lawyer has withdrawn. Each party has to sign the Rule 11 agreement, so it would stay intact regardless of whether you were represented by a lawyer.

That said, a Rule 11 agreement can be modified if it is no longer practical for you since you are pro se now. You would have to file a motion to modify it though and get the judge's approval.

Also, keep in mind, that a pro se litigant is not given any special treatment, you are treated the same as a lawyer, so you would have to go about the process of modification in the same way.

JPEsq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions