Juliana, Lawyer
Experience:  23 years of legal experience, former child support attorney, currently practicing family law

Hi, if my husband filed a divorce in Van Nuys court and closest

Hi, if my husband filed a divorce in Van Nuys court and closest court to me is Burbank, can I respond through Burbank court? Thanks

Thanks for your question.

You have to file in the same court where your husband filed, that is, in Van Nuys. You can't file in a different court.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for miscommunication, he hasn't filed yet. Say, I will file a custody/divorce in Burbank court first, then he has to respond in same court where I filed, right?
That's correct. He would need to file in the same court, and the case would stay in that court until (and even after) the divorce has been made final.