Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence

what is the statue of limination for Child Support in Colo

Customer Question

what is the statue of limination for Child Support in Colorado
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 4 years ago.

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

If the amount of arrears has never been put into a Judgment, there is no statute of limitations. Once the amount is established by judgment, the statute of limitations is twenty years.

Steven Kincaid :

However, that twenty year limit can be extended through a renewal process.

Steven Kincaid :

Am I to understand that his estate is being probated in Idaho? You need to file a claim within the probate case.

JACUSTOMER-mm1ehel2- :
JACUSTOMER-mm1ehel2- :
JACUSTOMER-mm1ehel2- :

Hello, I am a customer service representative posting on behalf of the customer who is unable to view the chat. Please click on the 'Switch to Q&A' link at the top of the page to change the format of the page from Live Chat to Q&A so that the customer can access your reply and also please repost your reply as a new answer or info request. Thank you.

Expert:  Steven K. replied 4 years ago.
I hope that you can now see the chat. A customer service representative informed me that you could not view my answer. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.