ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law

you have given me my strengh back thats has been emotional

you have given me my strengh back thats has been emotional taken away from me for months now Andrea as well as my self respect as a mother and my compassion to other families that have been accused guilty without truth...
Do I find the form online through my county's web site? or should I seek a help from a firm to do this? and last can I use our correspondance in any of the legal paperwork?

Hi, Heather, Welcome back to JustAnswer and Thank you for requesting me,

I am sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was able to help; you cannot imagine the satisfaction I feel knowing that in some way I have helped someone, especially when I know that they have been the victim of someone's malevolence.

Are you referring to the Petition which I suggested ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, and also the first steps to sue my mother in law.. I need to do this on my own as I do not have the extra monies to ask for help... 1st is getting the paperwork in to the courts in regards XXXXX XXXXX mother in law and her slander. 2nd the petition just how or what forms are needed and i will stand outside of every grocery store or street corner needed to protect the well being of family in the protection of others to inflict emotional pain in false lies and to have the evil act go unpunished because they were able to choose to be anonymouns.
Hi, again,

A lot of people have become accustomed to filling out forms when suing someone. Unfortunately, this does not work in all cases. I do not know if there is a form of Complaint which you can use for suing your mother in law for slander, and defamation of character because specific facts must be alleged and which are unique to each individual case.

I would like you first to read through what I have provided below because I try to explain in a nutshell what a defamation lawsuit covers, and what the Plaintiff (You) must allege and prove. While you are doing that, let me see what legal resources are available in Colorado for free:

You can sue this individual for slander, libel, and defamation of character.
Slander is false spoken statements, while libel is false written statements. In order to recover damages in any lawsuit for slander, libel, and defamation of character, you as the Plaintiff must prove all four (4) elements.

1. First, the Plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false and
defamatory statement
concerning the plaintiff.

2. Second, the Plaintiff must prove that the defendant made an unprivileged publication (Means Communication) to a third party.

3. Third, the Plaintiff must prove that the publisher acted at least negligently in
publishing the communication

4. Finally, the Plaintiff must prove special damages. Damages are typically to the
reputation of the plaintiff,

By "publication" is meant that the false statement(s) are conveyed to a third party.

Examples of slanderous, libelous, and defamatory statements:

A communication that imputes a serious crime involving moral turpitude or a

A communication that exposes a plaintiff to hatred

A communication that reflects negatively on the plaintiff's character,
morality, or integrity

A communication that impairs the plaintiff's financial well-being

A communication that suggests that the plaintiff suffers from a physical or
mental defect that would cause others to refrain from associating with the

I have listed below the websites of the organizations which provide free, or very low cost legal representation,

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you as "Excellent",

If you rate me at anything less than 3 stars, it will appear as a negative rating against my name,

If you need clarification, please let me know by pressing the "Reply" button,

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,