A-LEGAL-MIND
A-LEGAL-MIND, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce Law Firm.
67786710

What if I dont let my son go back to his fathers? Can I get

What if I dont let my son go back to his fathers? Can I get into trouble?

divorcememike :

Hello, thanks for requesting me for your question. To answer your question.....if you are referring to a situation where a parent takes an action in violation of a current child custody order..........

divorcememike :

The other spouse may go to the court to enforce the order and if he/she incurs legal fees the court may order the other party to pay these fees for making this party go to court to enforce the order. In addition, depending on the action taken, and how often a court may use this as a consideration for a modification of the current order for a different one that includes more time wiht the parent who was excluded.

divorcememike :

Please let me know if you have additional questions and I would be happy to help.

Customer:
Customer:

How can I prove to a court that my son isnt being taken care of? Its that motherly feeling that I have, and I know my sons father doesnt even really want him every other weekend. He only takes him because his child support payment is lower. Im not trying to cut him out of his life completel. I want my son to have his father but if I know hes not being taken care of then I dont want him to be able to take him every other weekend. Is there anyway I can get supervised vistation?

divorcememike :

If your son is being returned in a filthy condition and because of this has been developing medical problems such as rash and it is continuing or getting worse. You always have the option of petitioning the courts for a modification to include either supervised visitation. However, as mentioned there is no guarantee a court would give this to you and may likely either require you to attend mediation with the father or may have the father attend parenting education of some kind as a solution to the problem.

divorcememike :

Have you considered discussing the issues with the father and expressing your concerns in a genuine manner and not in a way that points out that you are a better parent (which would obviously close one off to suggestions)?

divorcememike :

This may work and would help to avoid costly court actions or mediation.

divorcememike :

So to answer your question........this will not cause you to go to jail. However it can cause problems for you in regards XXXXX XXXXX custody and a potential modification which is not in your favor. Good Luck and please remember to click ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answer so that I may receive credit for my answer. Thanks again and please feel free to follow up with any questions you may have.

divorcememike :