How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California divorce,Have a deposition on tuesday for breach

Customer Question

California divorce,Have a deposition on tuesday for breach of fiduciary duty,this lawyer
is going after me with everything shes got.
Now the situation is I have 2 crimes that she has committed 1)sexual assault on me for the last 20 years (when she would get mad she would grab and hit me in my private area)
2)I am aware of her dealings and association with her friend that steals and sells cigarettes by the cases.
I want to let it all out on the table to stop this hot pursuit that she and her lawyer are on and I'm sure her lawyer is not aware of any of this.
My lawyer say to make a report and let the DA go after her,I would like to scare them enough to stop the pursuit? any ideas of what I can do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.

Candidly, I would suggest that your lawyer has given you the best advice. If you believe that a crime has been committed, the only real way to handle the matter is to present the information to law enforcement so that they may initiate an investigation and, hopefully, to effectuate an arrest.


The only other options have significant drawbacks. For example, you might use the information as leverage against the attorney, essentially telling her to drop the pursuit or you will pursue criminal charges. However, this would put you at risk of being criminally charged yourself. In short, the "right" thing here would appear to be going to law enforcement.


Please let me know if anything requires clarification.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on a positive rating for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to provide a positive rating. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Related Family Law Questions