Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I am a military member who was divorced in Nevada in 2003.

I am a military member who was divorced in Nevada in 2003. My 12 year old daughter has lived with me in Virginia now for two years and my 10 year old son has lived here for one year. My puppy, during the year, bit both of my kids, but did not break the skin. they are both home in Nevada with their mom for the summer and she filed a report yesterday with animal control saying that it did break the skin but she took so long to report it because she just found out about it. the problem is she reported the bite date as april 1st, bit she was here for the week of april 28. so, she lied. she is trying to record a report to try to get the kids to come back to live with her, even though she said to me that what ever they chose by 29 May, was what was going to happen and they both chose to stay with me for the 2012-2013 school year. What is my recourse. Can I charge her with a false official statement? she is upset that in one year I have done with our son what she could not do in ten years, ie make him independent and responsible.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I am sorry to hear of this situaiton. So has this been investigated or what is the status of this matter now? Have you been contacted, etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I responded and it disappeared
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Ah oh. I will report it. But in the meantime, can you give the answer again ? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not investigated, doesn't need to be. It doesn't need to be, I need to know, can I charge her with false official statement, because I can prove it without a doubt, and since my kids have lived here in Virginia for more than 6 months, can i file for custody outside of Nevada jurisdiction
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Yes, you may contact the police and file a Harassment charge. I was asking about an invesitgation, because only the agency that took the report can file False Statement charges, once it is established.

You can only file in VA for custody if the Mother does not live in the state where the Order is issued. So if Nevada was the state that issued the current order, Nevada will still retain jurisdiction.

Please note if you have other questions use the REPLY to EXPERT to Continue the Conversation . Otherwise, please give a positive rating. This will NOT close your question and it will be available for future follow up

Thank you

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: General practice of law with emphasis in family law.