How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Your Own Question
Robert, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In WV: Can the custodian parent request child support for

This answer was rated:

In WV:

Can the custodian parent request child support for clothing; food; and shelter along with child care and medical expenses? Is the custodian parent required to notify the non-custodian parent directly of residency changes and changes of the child health care or notify child support bureau only? - current open case with child support bureau - there is no "parenting plan" involoved.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Every parent has a duty to support his/her children which includes providing for clothing, food, and shelter. Generally, the parent that is not the custodian parent is ordered to pay some child support when the custodian parent makes a motion for child support with the court of the proper jurisdiction.

The non-custodial parent also generally has a right to visitation (unless a court order indicates otherwise) so you would have to inform the other parent of residency changes in order to allow the other parent to exercise their visitation rights. You may also need to notify the other parent if you have joint legal custody and the move could alter the child's school. If you intend to move out of state then you should also notify the other parent and you need to petition the court for permission, generally speaking.

Should need assistance retaining a local family law attorney in West Virginia then the following link will assist you with finding one near you:

I hope this has helped and I wish you all the best. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to so clarify.

Thank you,


While of course not required, positive feedback and/or a bonus are greatly appreciated if I have been helpful. To request my assistance again in the future, please go to the following link and enter your question on my profile page:
Robert and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Is there something else I can help you with? If not then please remember to leave me positive feedback if you are satisfied. Otherwise, I will not be compensated for my work (and the website will be paid for my efforts instead) Of course, I am willing to assist you until you understand. I am glad to help!

Thank you,


Related Family Law Questions