Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator
18539850

Joseph, My dad went to a local attorney to see if she could

Joseph,
My dad went to a local attorney to see if she could write the letter as you suggested, and to get further councel. She said that because the jewelry is in another state, it would be too hard to sue her for it, so she would not do it. We are in a quandry as to what to do. If we write the letter, and she does not return it, what would our next course of action be?

A couple thoughts come to mind....

.

First, you might consider talking to a couple other attorneys. Just because this one attorney wouldn't handle the matter, doesn't mean another attorney would pass on it as well. Additionally, you might consider contacting an attorney or two in the area in which this woman resides.

.

Alternatively, as you suggested, you might write the letter yourself. If she failed to provide an acceptable response, you could still pursue the other options I mentioned, that being a civil lawsuit and/or contacting the police to report the item as stolen.

.

Please let me know if anything requires clarification.

.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on a positive rating for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to provide a positive rating. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

.

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.