JackJD
JackJD, Lawyer
Experience:  I've been in practice for 30+ years, concentrating in family and employment law. I enjoy helping people.

Hello, my boyfriend is telling me he filed a report for child

Hello, my boyfriend is telling me he filed a report for child aabuse for his 2 daughters--its been months and i haven't been notified--
what constitute a child abuse? i didn't even say any cursed words nor even touch or hurt them physically./?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JackJD replied 2 years ago.

JackJD :

Hello, it's Jack again. Looks like we have two threads going at once.

JackJD :

Child abuse can take many forms; basically, it means doing something that causes a child harm, either physical or mental.

JackJD :

Since you don't know what he said that you did, there's nothing specific I can say about it. Except, if no one has contacted you in over two months, it could not have been that much.

Customer:

Hi Jack,

Customer:

will saying ," i wish that child never turned out to be human in the its place" as we were discussing child support.

Customer:

be considered verbal abuse

Customer:

i hope you remember me from yesterday.

Customer:

We have an agreement a sworn statement , notarized saying he is giving me full physical custody of the child, will that matter with the judge's decision?

Customer:

is there any difference with the criteria of awarding custody between in OR and AZ?

Customer:

i don't know if it will make any advantage if i were to file in OR ?

Customer:

what advise can you give regarding the possible approach with regards XXXXX XXXXX 2 daughters, he will insist for them to be with my child also, my concern is that if i allow that ---i wouldn't think it will not be good for my child on a psychological basis knowing that their father chooses the 2 daughters over him.

Customer:

The main reason of our separation is that he is not treating my child the same way as he is caring for the 2 daughters , i ended up letting him choose .Will it be a plus factor for my case if i agree with the 2 daughters being with my child or shall i consider my baby likewise that it won't be psychologically good for him. I grew up in a family with a mother who has been not fair and equal with her children and that has been my setback all my life , and i don not want that to happen to my child.

JackJD :

Hello, again. I'll answer your questions in order:

JackJD :

1. No difference between Oregon and Arizona on the issue of child custody.

JackJD :

2. That's not verbal abuse.

JackJD :

3. His argument that the new child should be with his two half-sisters, is a weak argument. That's because they don't have the same mother. You have a strong argument, in that he treats the children differently.

JackJD :

4. Since you and the baby are physically in Oregon, you probably would prefer the case to be there. I will be easier for you to participate and for your family to participate.

JackJD :

Of course, I remember you from yesterday.

Customer:

Thanks Jack.

JackJD, Lawyer
Experience: I've been in practice for 30+ years, concentrating in family and employment law. I enjoy helping people.