JackJD, Lawyer
Experience:  I've been in practice for 30+ years, concentrating in family and employment law. I enjoy helping people.

I captioned the First Amended Complaint as an "action

Same case: I captioned the First Amended Complaint as an "action for damages brought for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq.". However, it's also for violations for the FDCPA, which I mistakenly left out.  I have a Count I and then I skip to Count III and Count IV. I missed a Count II (editing error only, not because I left out a Count). I also want to add more meat to the suit, inserting the allegations more in line with how the other circuit's suit was written, to further prove my case. Am I allowed to amend the complaint to edit my allegations and flesh them out, and correct my editing errors?  Do I ask for leave to amend, and basically give the reasons I outlined above?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JackJD replied 4 years ago.

JackJD :

You are allowed to amend a complaint once without permission, prior to any responsive pleading. To amend after that, you need to file a motion.