How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JackJD Your Own Question
JackJD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 535
Experience:  I've been in practice for 30+ years, concentrating in family and employment law. I enjoy helping people.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JackJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I captioned the First Amended Complaint as an "action

Resolved Question:

Same case: I captioned the First Amended Complaint as an "action for damages brought for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq.". However, it's also for violations for the FDCPA, which I mistakenly left out.  I have a Count I and then I skip to Count III and Count IV. I missed a Count II (editing error only, not because I left out a Count). I also want to add more meat to the suit, inserting the allegations more in line with how the other circuit's suit was written, to further prove my case. Am I allowed to amend the complaint to edit my allegations and flesh them out, and correct my editing errors?  Do I ask for leave to amend, and basically give the reasons I outlined above?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JackJD replied 4 years ago.

JackJD :

You are allowed to amend a complaint once without permission, prior to any responsive pleading. To amend after that, you need to file a motion.

JackJD and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions