Robert
Robert, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.
62978293

Can applying for welfare affect a custody trial?

Category: Family Law
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Applying for welfare COULD impact a custody decision if doing so convinces the Judge that there may be future issues with the child's best interests.

If you do not have an attorney currently representing you then you should consider speaking with a local Family Law Attorney (especially if the other parent has retained an attorney).

I hope this has helped and I wish you all the best. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to so clarify. I'm glad to help and I will continue to do so until you are satisfied.

Thank you,

Robert

While of course not required, positive feedback and/or a bonus are greatly appreciated if I have been helpful. To request my assistance again in the future, please go to the following link and enter your question on my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askrobert/
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Is there something else I can help you with? If not then please remember to leave me positive feedback if you are satisfied. Otherwise, I will not be compensated for my work (and the website will be paid for my efforts instead) Of course, I am willing to assist you until you understand. I am glad to help!

Thank you,

Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
You are most welcome. Please remember to provide me with positive feedback if you are satisfied with my answer. If you are not satisfied, then please let me know how I can assist you further and I will do my best to assist you.

Thank you,

Robert