stevexo
stevexo, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  30 years helping those with Family legal needs
10069793

I have been divorced for 3 years after being married for 26

I have been divorced for 3 years after being married for 26 years. We didn't have an attorney and my alimony is set to run out soon. Is there anything I can do to get additional compensation?
Glad to help. Please tell me what type of alimony order are you under. Can you tell me what it states? Also was it the result of a trial or an agreement. Thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was the result of an agreement. It states that he will pay me x amount until x amount is reached. From what I have read, I could receive alimony for approximately 8+ years. He also had many assets that weren't included in the original agreement. I signed the aggreement due to intense intimidation on his part. Thank you for your help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,It was the result of an agreement. It states that he will pay me x amount until x amount is reached. From what I have read, I could receive alimony for approximately 8+ years. He also had many assets that weren't included in the original agreement. I signed the aggreement due to intense intimidation on his part. Thank you for your help.
What you can do is file a motion to modify the alimony terms. You are going to have to show a substantial change in circumstances since the prior alimony order. If you are able to establish the change, then you could win a motion to modify, and alimony could be increased. Sincerely, Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I should find an attorney to help me, right?
Yes that would be my suggestion, as it would really increase your chances to win! Sincerely, Steve