Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

can child visitation be affected from allegations of past drug

can child visitation be affected from allegations of past drug use. Ive recently had screenings from my doc and im completely clean. the person making this allegation is my dad and trying to call the police for something that happened in the past.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Did you have problems with substance abuse in the past?

Why would your father be bringing up the issue now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My father is threatening to call the police if i leave his home but i am 26 years old, and he wants to call my sons mother but i doubt she will be cooperative because he is bipolar and she has her own past history with marijuana that i am aware of, and we are on good terms.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX still need answer to one of my questions:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did have substance abuse problems in the past but nothing on police records or hospitalizations.

Thank you for the information.

Your Question: can child visitation be affected from allegations of past drug use. Ive recently had screenings from my doc and im completely clean. the person making this allegation is my dad and trying to call the police for something that happened in the past.

Response: No. Visitation cannot be affected from allegations of past drug abuse. If you have sought and received treatment for your past substance abuse and have passed recent drug tests, your past use cannot not be used against you. You cannot be prevented from seeing you child (children). Also, if the mother also has issues with drug abuse, then the mother would be in no position to use your past problems with drugs against you because she does not have clean hands.

Let me know if you need clarification.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.