Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.
22589080

Form FL100 filling out sections 4, 5 and 7 when the parties

Form FL100 filling out sections 4, 5 and 7 when the parties have a signed Post nuptial agreement. Which boxes should I check and should I note that we have a Post nuptial agreement?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 2 years ago.

meigs004 :

Hello, how are you today?

meigs004 :

So you are wondering what boxes to check while filling out the FL100 there in California?

Customer:

I'm doing good thanks for asking.

meigs004 :

Great, so you do have a post-nup in place?

meigs004 :

And you are wondering what to do with regard to sections 4,5,7?

Customer:

Separate Property is the first section I need to figure out which check boxes to select as Separate Property is listed in our Post Nuptial which will be signed today

Customer:

Yest 4,5 & 7

Customer:

Yes

meigs004 :

Ok, let me pull the form.

Customer:

Standing by

Customer:

This is for California FL-100 [Rev. January 1, 2005]

meigs004 :

I understand, thanks for that, I have it pulled up. If I were you I would attach the post-nup and check the boxes labeled attachments in 4 and 5

Customer:

Ok so Just the boxes [in Attachment 4 & 5

meigs004 :

Right, and attach the post-nup as an attachment to the petition.

meigs004 :

With regard to 7, I need to know how many children, and what the agreement is for the custody of any children.

Customer:

So name it attachments 4&5?

meigs004 :

Name what the post nup?

Customer:

No children from this marriage. In section 7 I need to know if I should check Box h. having a Post nuptial

meigs004 :

I would check the other box, and put adopt post nuptial as a part of this petition.

Customer:

Ok, that answers all my questions, Thanks,

meigs004 :

Great, please do not forget to rate my answers, and please click the smiley :) face and submit.

Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience: I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.