ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

i left my boyfriend of 6 years with my 7 month old baby in

i left my boyfriend of 6 years with my 7 month old baby in Az and i took all of our stuff like appliances etc and the house is almost empty and he knows about it before we left the state, and all of those are paid by myself. he said that he filed a police report about it.i haven't been informed by the police at all. is he just scaring me, or should there be any police report that has been filed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for your question,

If your former boyfriend had any smarts, he would not file a police report that you"stole" any of the things you took since he knows that you paid for all of the items.

However, there is no telling and no predicting what a former boyfriend would do, if he did not want you to leave him.

You should take some consolation in the fact that even if he tried to file a police report, the police are used to seeing relationships break up and are also used to seeing that the one that was left behind does a lot of things in order to get revenge against the party who left. In these situations, the police do not take these reports seriously,

If you need clarification, please let me know by pressing the "Reply" button,

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,

ANDREA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if he really filed a report and up to now i haven't received any notice at all--does that mean that it has been ignored by the police or what? what is the police procedure about this case, thanks Andrea
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Myra, Thank you for your follow up question,

If your former boyfriend filed a police report, they would have let you know within a few days, depending on their schedule. So, you would know by now. Do not worry, I promise you everything will be fine,

ANDREA
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law