JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.

My ex wife of 15 years has had an advisor call me to sign a

My ex wife of 15 years has had an advisor call me to sign a form stating I am still alive or show a death certificate for some kind of life insurance policy that she got without my signature. Do I really have to sign anything since I am divorced?

No, you don't have to unless there was a court order as part of your divorce stating that you would help her maintain life insurance, or that you would maintain life insurance... something like that.

But no, you don't have to sign anything unless a court tells you that you must. In this case, it doesn't sound like that is the case, but you may want to review your divorce decree to be sure.

Please rate my answer as one of the top three faces when you are ready- I cannot control the law as it applies to your case, this rating describes whether my answer was correct (not that the answer was good news) without this I do not get credit for my time. If you are not satisfied with my response,
please press "Continue Conversation" and allow me to address your issues. I only get paid credit for my time if you rate my answer positively, I answer these questions on the honor system, please do not abuse it.