QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in all areas of Family Law. I can help you resolve your issues quickly and compassionately.
68071988

How does a parent sign over their parental rights in Texas?

Is it as easy as paying a lawer to draw up the papers the parent to sign and file them with the court and wait for a judge to approve?

QuickEasyLegalHelp : Hi, I am a Family Law Expert and I would be happy to help you with your question. Are you available to chat right now? If so, please type yes and we can get started. Thanks!
Customer:

I am

Customer:

yes sorry

QuickEasyLegalHelp : Ok, be right with you, give me just a moment....
QuickEasyLegalHelp : Is the relinquishment of parental rights voluntary?
Customer:

Yes, he told my daughter to bring him the papers.

QuickEasyLegalHelp : Then yes,it is a fairly simple process. The lawyer will draw up a paper known as an "affidavit for voluntary relinquishment of rights", it will list all of the identifying info for the parent and for the child. It will also contain a statement that the parent who is terminating the rights (in this case your daughter's ex) will not owe any child support. And also a statement that termination of parental rights is in the best interests of the child. Then your lawyer will file the paper with the court, a Judge will sign it and the Parental Rights will be terminated. Quite simple.
Customer:

Sounds good. Thank you for you help.

Customer:

*your

QuickEasyLegalHelp : I hope this answers your questions and I wish you the best.  I believe I have answered your inquiry.Let me know if further clarification is needed, and PLEASE remember to click the ACCEPT button or the smiley face/star once you are finished; it does not cost anything extra to click accept, and it is the only way I will receive compensation for my time.   If I have answered your question, please leave positive feedback.  Thank you so much.