AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

Its me again. Since my daughter has lost her job in Florida,

It's me again. Since my daughter has lost her job in Florida, and now her only source of income is in Oklahoma, taking care of her grandmother, what are her chances of being able to get family court in Florida to agree to allow her to go back to Oklahoma with her daughter? It wouldn't be a permanent move, just temporary, while the grandmother recovers from an accident she had earlier.
Hello. Thank you for your new question and thank you for requesting me. I apologize for the brief delay, as I was not at the computer when you submitted your question.

As I know you understand, it's impossible to provide a probability estimate as to the chances of success in a legal matter. That said, courts are very understanding of a parent's need to earn a living and courts often will approve a move when a parent needs to relocate to work. Courts do look at every relevant factor, including social/family considerations, effects on schooling, effects on the relationship with the other parent, etc. A court may consider the possibility of a relocation being temporary as well, but a court may decline to do so or decline to believe that assertion. If a court does allow a parent to relocate with a child, it will often change visitation as well. The farther the distance between the parents, the longer but less frequent visitation will often be. In any case, courts often do approve relocations when they're necessary for work purposes and when the relocation is not otherwise a burden to the child.
I see that you have asked other questions as well and I am getting to work on them right now. I will reply to them as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience.

Please remember that your rating is for the quality of my work and the information I provide. These ratings are not related to the quality of the law (rest assured, I agree that the law is often lacking). I would be very appreciative if you would rate this answer as "Great Service." Low ratings reflect poorly on the quality of my work. If you have additional questions, please ask them using the "Continue Conversation" feature. Thank you.