GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti

permanment spouse support, can i get it stopped after paying

permanment spouse support, can i get it stopped after paying for seven years if x spouse has no disabilities and divorce was no-fault divorce? we married 24 yrs. children are now 18 and 26 yrs. of age
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers....was the support non-modifiable? also, when did the 2nd appeals rule against you??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not modifiable, and ruled on 10-31-2008.
Whether the divorce was fault or not has no bearing on the issue of permanent spousal support being changed. It is not modifiable and an appeals court ruled against you 4 years ago, so the chances of you getting it changed are almost impossible. When it is modifiable you have to show a substantial change in circumstances to get it changed or terminated but when it is not modifiable, it means just that...NOT modifiable. I'm sorry but I see no way for you to get it terminated. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked. Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.