AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

i was married on 04/04/12 in nebraska my wife was arrested

i was married on 04/04/12 in nebraska my wife was arrested a week later for fraud. i bailed her out of jail. she then kicked me out of the house. can i get an annulment from the marriage?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
I'm sorry to hear about the situation. Annulment is rarely an option and divorce is the more common remedy to dissolve a marriage. Annulment is only available in very exceptional circumstances, such as when marriage is procured through fraud or duress, when a spouse is incapable of consenting to marry, etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if she never told me that she was in debt and could be arrested for check fraud could this be grounds for the fraud claim? she has also applied for credit in my name but the police cant do anything becuase the application was denied?
Thank you for your message. Concealing pertinent personal history can potentially provide a basis for an annulment, and misrepresenting an individual's financial condition and concealing a criminal history can be enough if an individual can show that the concealment or misrepresentation occurred to procure the marriage.