AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

My wife has filed for annulment of marriage, my wife lives

My wife has filed for annulment of marriage, my wife lives in California while i live in Georgia. I have not been served officially the server just threw the papers outside my residence. I have a hearing soon, she has also taken restraining orders against me...Pls advice as i donot want this marriage to be anuled.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
Your question is unclear and I'm not quite sure what you want to know. My understanding is that you want to know whether an extra-marital affair is a basis for annulment. If you have other questions, please let me know what more you want to know using Reply.
An extra-marital affair is not grounds for annulment in any state. Instead, that could provide a basis for divorce in states that recognize fault grounds, like Georgia (but not California). Annulments are only granted in the most unusual circumstances, such as fraud, duress, or when a spouse didn't have the mental or legal capacity to marry.