Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.
22589080

Hi, my name isXXXXX question is can my mother kick me

Hi, my name isXXXXX question is can my mother kick me out of the house and not support me at 19 years of age and while going to college?
My mother is married and both make pretty good income. I am not a problem teenager I work part time and go to school. I leave in the state of New York.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Meigs replied 4 years ago.

meigs004 :

Hello Cinthia, how old are you?

Customer: Hi, where is my answer
meigs004 :

How are you tonight, this chat is intended for live communication.

meigs004 :

It allows me to gather more information and for you to ask follow up questions.

meigs004 :

How old are you Cinthia?

Customer: I'm 30 years old
meigs004 :

Ok, thank you for your reply.

meigs004 :

Legally, your mother is under no obligation to support you once you reach the age of majority which is 19 years old. While I am sure you are a good person and not a trouble maker, your mother can kick you out of the home, as you would be a legal adult. There really is not much that can be done to force a mother to pay for college expenses and keep the individual in their home.

meigs004 :

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear but it is the truth. If this answers your question PLEASE click the ACCEPT button, and do not forget to leave feedback! If you have follow up questions please feel free to ask them, and I will gladly answer them for you.