I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:
1. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.
2. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.
3. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.
4. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.
5. If you answer an Information Request and I start working on formulating your answer, it does take some time to draft a quality response. In the meantime, you may receive a message indicating that I am "offline" or "unavailable". This is not the case. These messages are generated automatically without my knowledge or input.
6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.
QUESTION: "I am not sure what my options are at this point."
ANSWER: I am truly sorry for your frustrating circumstances, and I say so in all sincerity. Accordingly, please believe me I regret being the bearer of some accurate yet discouraging news. I have seen this very procedure easily take 90 days, so what you have described is not at all out of the ordinary. In other words, in terms of options, you are stuck playing the maddening "waiting game". I wish the news was more encouraging, but rather than doing you the disservice of misleading you I have endeavored to give it to you straight.
I truly hope all works out for you. After you rate my answer (look for smiley faces and/or stars plus possibly a green "Submit" button), our conversation need not end. I would be happy to continue our dialog, without further charge, until you are fully satisfied. I promise to check back periodically for any updated posts from you each time I return to this online venue.Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: LawInfoNow. Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).