JerrySJD
JerrySJD, Attorney
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, support, mediation, alimony
62699694

Sorry, my question couldnt fit in one My husband lives in the

Sorry, my question couldnt fit in one My husband lives in the trailer on the street, doesn’t have any physical address, checking or savings account, works under the table, and has been showing 0 income for the past 5 years. Plus, he owes about $50K for the child supports from 2 previous relationships. He has tons of debts, and nobody gives him credit anymore. What are my chances for the custody in this case? And can I represent myself in the court for this? Or can go with family law facilitator?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 4 years ago.

JerrySJD :

Hey Mylene, your chances of custody are extremely good. He needs a place and a job. He has neither. Custody is determined by the best interests of the child. The starting point of that analysis is where will the child sleep (a room? a bed?). You can represent yourself, using state forms. You can also go with a family law facilitator. The facilitator will be easier. With so much going in your favor, you should make out well either way.

Customer:

Thank you very much