Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

I live in Delaware and was served with a custody interrogatories,

I live in Delaware and was served with a custody interrogatories, that is roughly 75 questions long as well as most questions are broken into 3 or 4 pieces is there anyway to send a request to the court to have them shorten it to 35 questions?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Delaware's Rule 33 unfortunately does not impose a limit on the interrogatories. You are permitted to object to any interrogatory that is irrelevant, unduly burdensome, submitted for the purpose of harassment, and not reasonably likely to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence. That is a common objection, and one that might apply to any number of questions on that list.

If there's a local rule in effect that says "35 questions," or the judge told them to limit it, then you could object to the whole thing on the basis that it's too long, or tell them that you'll only answer the first 35. They would then have to go to the judge to get a motion to compel you to answer the rest.