Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.

my ex put his name on my sons birth certificate but he is not

Customer Question

my ex put his name on my sons birth certificate but he is not the biological father
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
If you were married at the time the child was born then there is a presumption that your husband is the father. You would need to file a petition to prove the biological father and have your ex's paternal claims terminated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my son was 5 months old when my ex and i got together how is it posssible that he could have his name put on the birth certificate without my or the birth fathers permission. what action can i take aganist him for falsifying documents?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 years ago.
You can contact the California Attorney General's office to file a complaint. Changing the father's name, however, will take a court order.