Thoreau (T-USA)
Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

Hi, my ex will be very far away from our kids for 2 weeks and

Hi, my ex will be very far away from our kids for 2 weeks and we've already decided that I would have the kids during those 2 weeks. I had initially planned to take the whole 2 weeks off work, but due to demands at work can only take one week off and half days off the other week. I have booked a babysitter to be with the kids for half days at my place including playing outside as much as possible.

My ex is asking for the contact information for the childcare if I've arranged any. One of my kids has a cell phone that my ex could call.

Do I really need to provider my ex with the babysitter's name & phone # XXXXX this taking place at my home? Incidentally my ex has withheld information from me as to where the kids were going for daycare!

Thanks in advance!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thoreau (T-USA) replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
As a generaly rule, both parents should generally keep each other informed regarding a child, what daycare services will be used, etc. In fact, some court orders require parents to openly share information, though if parents are unwilling or unable to do so, one parent may generally ask the court to modify an order for that purpose. Sharing information is good for a number of reasons. It ensures that both parents are involved and it helps both parents to feel a part of a child's life. It also allows both parents to feel comfortable with a child's situation and caretakers - both parents know the child is safe. Further, it facilitates a trusting, easy relationship between the parents that promotes cooperation for a child's well-being. Should a parents refusal to provide information about a child's daycare or baby sitter make it to the court room, a judge may be disappointed that the parents did not readily cooperate for the child's best interests.
Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience: Attorney