Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Lawyer
Experience:  Divorce, custody and child support attorney.
15826124

Im sorry, we have been in chat and it isnt letting me reply.

Customer Question

I'm sorry, we have been in chat and it isn't letting me reply. My daughter has never had any court orders though they have a hearing soon.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawyer Lori replied 4 years ago.

Lawyer Lori :

Please refer back to the earlier question, as I have changed it to a Q&A. I apologize for the system problem.

Lawyer Lori :

Can you find the earlier question or respond to this thread?

Lawyer Lori :

Here is the content of my earlier responses:

Lawyer Lori :
Lawyer Lori :

Good evening. Can you tell me if there are any court orders regarding the child - custody, visitation or support?

Lawyer Lori :

Thank you for attempting to accept this answer, but this is merely an information request. After I answer your question, you will be able to accept.

Lawyer Lori :

Are there any court orders in effect regarding the child, custody, visitation or support?

Lawyer Lori :

If there is an order of child support in place, child support can only be collected from the date that the order was entered by the court. If there is no order currently in effect, while the court has the power to order support from the date of separation, typically, the order for support is only effective from the date of filing with the court.

Lawyer Lori :

However, if the father has avoided service of the support suit or has hidden his location the court will be more likely to grant retroative support.

Lawyer Lori :

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.