JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

If a protective order was filed and then dismissed or dropped

If a protective order was filed and then dismissed or dropped and no charges ever made can that be used in court to prove that man is a dangerous person?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 years ago.
Not the fact that it was filed or dropped but the circumstances behind it could be used.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont understand. Are you saying that What she claimed happened as to the abuse could be used? In the issue she first attacked him while he was holding their baby in the yard and because the whole neighborhood saw he was granted custody and a protective order against her. When she agreed to stop drinking he withdrew his divorce pettition. two other times she got drunk and attacked him after the reconciliation and she claimed he beat her up. she called the police and it was noted she was unharmed. she filed one petition and did not follow through. the other petition she withdrew. The only one ever granted a protective order was him. he was never arrested or charged with anything but are you saying her claims count against him as to his character?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 years ago.
Kind of. She can come in and testify about what she claims happened. I'm not saying she would be believed but it certainly could be introduced into evidence.

Please don't hit the relist button. It sometimes takes a little while to get back to you because we are helping others, offline doing research, etc. I will get back to you as soon as possible but when you hit relist it removes it from the queue and you might not get an answer at all because no one knows you need help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She will not come to testify. What I want to know is can my exhusband use the public record of her claims since he can print it out and bring a copy with him. Is a copy of the report heresay or admissable?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 years ago.
It's hearsay and not admissible. Even if he got a certified copy from the court it wouldn't be relevant and would not be admissible in a case in which you are the party. They would have to bring her live.

JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience: Began practicing Family Law in 1992