Robert
Robert, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.
62978293

My sister told my mother that her adviser said my mother was

Customer Question

My sister told my mother that her adviser said my mother was due $1,000 because my deceased father was a world war 2 vet. Im trying to out if this is true. My mother is a widow and my father passed away over 20 yrs ago. My mother is 88 and live in Indianapolis, IN.
Thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

Can you tell me more about what the adviser said?

Is the adviser asking for anything before that $1,000.00 can be acquired?

Once I have more information I will be glad to further assist you.

Thank you,

Robert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no more information regarding my sisters adviser.. typically it is just some friend of a friend.. type of situation. The fact was.. she told my mother this and I am trying to find out if she knows what she is talking about....and if true I want to get what ever my mother can get.. as she lives on her Social Security.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Veterans and their spouses who are permanently and totally disabled, or who are also 65 or older, may be eligible for monetary support if they have 90 days or more of active military service, at least one day of which was during WWII.

A surviving spouse can get roughly $1,000.00 per month from this benefit but Congress can change and might have changed this amount but it's usually a little more than $1,000.00 per month.

The following links will explain more:

http://www.military.com/benefits/content/veteran-benefits/veterans-benefits-explained.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_6364479_claim-death-benefits-spouse-child.html

I hope this has helped. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to further clarify.

Thank you ,

Robert

Please remember to click “Accept” or the Green Smiley Face once you are satisfied so that I may be compensated for my work. While of course not required, positive feedback and/or a bonus are greatly appreciated if I have been helpful. To request my assistance again in the future, please go to the following link and enter your question on my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-askrobert/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You say..... who are also 65 or older, may be eligible for monetary support if they have 90 days or more of active military service, at least one day of which was during WWII.

My father served yrs in the military and I thought I was going to find out the real answer no the MAY get answer?

So now I have to research it more myself to find out if she qulifies. IS this for the widow or the service person?

Thanks for your time :)

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Yes, she MAY be eligible IF she qualifies. Since she is over age 65 she should not have a problem qualifying. I did provide you with the real answer. It sounds as though she is eligible. All she needs to do is apply (if she's not already getting the benefit). It's true that you still have some steps to take (obviously, I cannot apply for her). She qualifies as a spouse of the service-member.

I hope this has helped. Please remember to click "Accept" so that I can be compensated for my work (since this is my job, not a hobby). Please let me know if you need further clarification and I will do my best to so clarify.

Thank you,

Robert