JerrySJD
JerrySJD, Attorney
Experience:  Divorce, child custody, support, mediation, alimony
62699694

in franklin county ohio is it common for the court to grant

Customer Question

in franklin county ohio is it common for the court to grant a motion to allow passport renewal for minor children. i am an usa citizen only (as well as my children) we are used to traveling outside the country. the childrens father refuses to sign form allowing passport renewal.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JerrySJD replied 4 years ago.

JerrySJD :

The passport office has its own rules. You can try to force the husband to sign by motion. The court does not have jurisdiction to force the renewal. The court can order the husband to sign.

Customer:

can the court (with proper motion ) do an order allowing me as applying parent to travel with the monor children

JerrySJD :

no, you need the passport. ex has to sign off. you might get the order from the court to make him sign the passport docs.