Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I currently owe over 7,000 in back child support. The accumulation

Customer Question

I currently owe over 7,000 in back child support. The accumulation of arrears happened during months of jumping through hoops to have my child support case reevaluated. They were basing my child support on an income I hadn't made in two years. I can prove that I wasn't making the much higher income I use to, but it was still like pulling hens teeth to get it lowered, and now I have arrears because of it. How do I go about getting the arrears wiped out? How do I get a court date with a judge? Should I have a lawyer? What kind of proof would I need to bring to court for this situation? Is there any hope for this amount to be wiped out?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!