JaxLaw
JaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Some questions listed as Family Law shouldn't be, i.e. questions regarding wills, probate & estates
9345660

ra-mc

Customer Question

Can I get paid for power of attorney and power of attorney for health care for my mother?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JaxLaw replied 4 years ago.

DISCLAIMER - This answer is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. The information provided is for educational purposes only. For specific advice regarding your situation, please consult a qualified attorney in your area.

If the document grants the attorney-in-fact or health care surrogate the right to compensation, then yes. Typically, however, they do not receive compensation.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been power of attorney for finances and health care for my mother for three and one half years.

Can my mother sign now for me to get paid?

Expert:  JaxLaw replied 4 years ago.
If she is competent to do so, yes.