lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

Hi. My name is Rachel. I am attending a settlment conference

Customer Question

Hi. My name is Rachel. I am attending a settlment conference tomorrow in regards XXXXX XXXXX custody modification of my two sons. I was asked by my lawyer to think about what to negotiate. I have already been to trial with their father 2 years ago. I was given sole legal and we were awarded joint physical, but the father lives in iowa and I live in Missouri!! So, here we are, the boys are with me. They see him about twice a month. A GAL was hired this time who has made 2 visits and he reports my teenager would prefer to live in iowa and he reports my 10 year old doesn't care.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA.

How old is the teenager and what is the father asking for.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Teenager, Colton is 17 and is a Junior. He has known he could move to Iowa since his 17th birthday last November, but still lives in Marshall missouri with me. The father is asking for full custody of both boys.

Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Here if the 17 year old wants to move, then agree to that. I see no reason to agree to anything other than some extended visitation for the father. I am assuming that he is the one that moved.