smithlaw1177, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Our firm handles all kinds of family law issues including child custody, child support, divorce, and mediating family issues.

I am filling out a petition to change my legal first and middle

I am filling out a petition to change my legal first and middle name from Mary Constance to Conni. I understand that I need to provide my birth certificate which has my maiden name on it. I have been married and divorced 10 years ago. After the divorce I kept my married name. I wish to continue using my married name. Do I need to provide proof of my marriage and divorce?

smithlaw1177 :

Hello, I will be glad to help you. I had this happen to a client of mine and we just had to take the divorce decree up to the judges office and they took care of it!! Good Luck!

Do you mean bring it to the judges office after the 30 day wait period from filing the petition?

smithlaw1177 :

No, I filed it as an exhibit with the birth certificate.

Ok. Thank you very much.