TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

We are in the process of getting a divorce. I currently have

We are in the process of getting a divorce. I currently have an order of protection against him for me and he has limited visitation times. He has moved out of town and refuses to give me his physical address. Can I refuse him his parenting time until he provides it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. I'm sorry to hear of your problem.

Unfortunately, it is not proper to deny parenting time as a method to force your ex to do something else, such as provide an address, pay child support, etc. The parenting time is primarily for the benefit of the children, so denying parenting time is seen as damaging to the child. In order to get your husband's address, you should ask the court to order it if your husband refuses to voluntarily provide it. Of course, since you're represented by an attorney, I'll qualify my statements by adding that you should ultimately do as she advises.

I hope that helps. Please remember to click "accept."