Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

how do i leave a rented home i live in with just me and my

Customer Question

how do i leave a rented home i live in with just me and my 5 kids without a paycheck and no money. i dont and wont go in a shelter or something. our lifestyle is net 2-5k month in spending. to go to zero on that to my kids would be sad period. they say judges try to keep kids in tthe lifestyle their accustumed to. the gross income is20-30k. my question this time is: will my alimony and support for kids be based on the deposits into our checking account? my husband will say that there are trucking expenses that have to be deducted from that before "real" money can be accounted. business and accounts are all in my name also. no joint accounts. he pays child support also to 2 other kids. only one i knew about..maybe more, idk
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Your child support will be based on his adjusted gross income. That means, deductions such as taxes, pensions, health insurance, etc will not be counted. The court will take into account what is deposited into the account, as long as those deductions are made.

Samuel-II :

As to alimony, that is based on your need to have it - for instance, you have not been employed for a number of years because you have been taking care of the kids. The alimony will be available for you til you get on your feet.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you