Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I am well equipped to handle any family law problem you might have.
22589080

My wife gave birth today to a child via C-section which I know

My wife gave birth today to a child via C-section which I know is not mine by amniocentesis paternity testing. The biological father, who only suspects and whom my wife has tried to cut off all contact with, showed up today uninvited at the hospital and was amiably escorted off the premises by security. I am willing to list myself as the father on the birth certificate. Is there any legal recourse to block the biological father from trying perform unannounced visits?

meigs004 :

Hello, so you want to prevent the biological father from visiting unannounced?

Customer:

yes

meigs004 :

Technically speaking, other than your presumption, he is not the biological father until a court ordered paternity test is done, and paternity is established. Other than that he is an individual who can be trespassed from your residence.

meigs004 :

I would consult the sheriff's office if he continues to visit unannounced and trespass him from your property. As a part of that trespass I would institute a no-contact order as well that would prevent him from communicating with your wife.

meigs004 :

Does this answer your question?

Customer:

So if he show's up again I need to contact the sherriff's office and ask for a no-contact order. At which time he would have to go through legal means to establish parental rights if he so desires and is able to do so.

meigs004 :

Correct.

Customer:

Or can the no-contact be instituted after one showing.

meigs004 :

There has to be some sort of criminal action to allow the no-contact to issue.

meigs004 :

Usually.

meigs004 :

One visit does not warrant that. Just inform him if he continues to show you will call the authorities.

Customer:

Ok that is what I thought so it has to border on harrasment. He was told not to try to make contact in the hospital again by security.

meigs004 :

Right. Does this answer your question.

Customer:

yes it does. Thank you

meigs004 :

If so please click the accept button and leave feedback about your experience.

meigs004 :

Great, good luck to you and your wife.

meigs004 :

Please click the accept button.

Customer:

thanks