FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

i need a sample letter to a judge to change my court date.

Customer Question

i need a sample letter to a judge to change my court date. i am a truker and im sole provider of my family. this case is out state. i live in Florida.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

You will want to file a motion for a continuance and/or to reset the current court date. On the motion/letter, you want to have the names of the parties, court, case number and state within the motion/letter, the reason for which you can not appear at the scheduled court date. Any evidence to support your motion should be attached and advise the Judge of when you can appear, so it can be heard when you can travel to the State. You also need to send a copy to all parties, so they are on notice of it and may even want to contact them and see if they have any objection to it and if not, you can inform the judge that they agree to it being reset.