Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

Via a text message today, my attorney said that opposing counsel

Via a text message today, my attorney said that opposing counsel had to serve me personally with an order to enforce. He denies saying previously that I would not be served by opposing counsel that they would have to notify his office! I am confused why would he at one time say that opposing counsel would get in trouble if they tried to contact me directly and later say that opposing counsel " had" to serve me ,from my understanding , it was at least considered unethical ! Is an order to enforce some how unique and it has to be served personally to me instead of my attorney? It seems to me that he does things like that to deliberately mislead me but he doesn't do it where I could prove it! What am I missing? It seems that if he is doing something wrong,as an attorney he would know he shouldn't do it in a way that I can prove it! He wil be my attorney for Annother week or two!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

I can not explain why your attorney changed his response. However, an order to enforce must be personally served upon the person you are seeking a court to force to act. In most situations once a person has retained an attorney, the opposing attorney can not have direct contact with that client, but this type of order is an exception to that general rule.
Is there anything else I can do to assist you?