Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

My dad worked n lived in Norway from february 1957 to october

My dad worked n lived in Norway from february 1957 to october 1968, November 1968 we moved to the usa. Dad is in his 70's now n is wondering how he can collect his Norwegian pension? We know he can but can't seem to find the proper papers. We need help. Thanks
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

An agreement effective July 1, 1984, between the United States and Norway improves Social Security protection for people who work or have worked in both countries. It helps many people who, without the agreement, would not be eligible for monthly retirement, disability or survivors benefits under the Social Security system of one or both countries.

You may have some Social Security credits in both the U.S. and Norway but not have enough to be eligible for benefits in one country or the other. The agreement makes it easier to qualify for benefits by letting you add together your Social Security credits in both countries.

You can get more detailed information about the Norwegian system by writing to the Norwegian address below or by visiting the Norwegian Social Security system web site at

National Insurance Administration
International Affairs Division
N-0241 Olso

I am not sure exactly what paper you sent in November 2011, but

if you live in the United States and wish to apply for U.S. or Norwegian benefits:

• Visit or write any US Social Security Office or
  • Phone our toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. any business day. People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778.

You can apply for Norwegian benefits at any US Social Security Office by completing an application form SSA-2490. So make sure you have submited this form.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you help me with these papers?
I wish I could physically help you with the papers but that would be against the policy of this website and also possibly violate legal ethics and state bar rules. If you do want to hire an attorney you can go to to find one in your area.

I wish you well.
Is there anything else I can do to assist you?