JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I have recently received the settlement orders fro divorce

I have recently received the settlement orders fro divorce from the local court here. (mA)
Now i have to share the kids in an 8 day-6 day split with my ex. When the children are with him, he allows me no phone access to them whatsoever, and if they do call, they are only allowed on speaker phone in his presence.
Is there a motion O can file to get more reasonable access to the children?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 years ago.
You can file a Motion to Clarify or, Alternatively, a Motion to Modify. Those will allow the court to set the parameters of the visits, telephone access, etc.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks- a bit more info please.
Despite filing Motions to modify etc.... what are the real probabilities of this ever being enforced?
it is still just a piece of paper.
Also- I have been offered a job in NYC. What is the possibility of doing this after divoce?
i have two underage children, 7 and 10.
I also receive child support in the state of MA
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 years ago.
Pretty good chance. Judges don't like parents playing these kinds of games, but be sure you don't call too often because the judges don't usually like that either.

Courts are pretty good about letting parents move so long as it doesn't interfere with the other parent's visitation or custody.

I'll be gone for a while so if you have additional questions just put them in this thread and I'll pick up when I return.