InformationForYou
InformationForYou, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  18 years as a family law attorney, adjunct law professor
12569237

the house were both on our name.....There been issues why we

Customer Question

the house were both on our name.....There been issues why we ended up with this ....But sad to say....He has problem too he doesn't want to admit.I already am his fourth wives in his life...And afraid he will do the same to other women; the same thing he did to me....Now I also have property i bought with the money of my ex husband (when he died),it was bought in before we got marry.And with my ex-husband's last name in it -And recently changed my last name to my current last name- six years ago.We got married six months after my husband died.now since i am married to him,Am i entitled to that property i owned from my ex-cash?In my name, and in my country...He is not even a resident nor a citizen in my country....?Also He is receiving social security now -just recently,about two years now,and he sold some of his property in Kansas a year and a half ago ,receiving money with terms for ten years agreement from his payee....Any benefits i may qualified with? Or not? Doesn't bother me if not But just asking.....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  InformationForYou replied 4 years ago.

InformationForYou :

If you owned the home before you got married, then it is likely yours almost completely.

InformationForYou :

As for the property in Kansas, if he owned it before you married, that is his alone (the money he gets for 10 years from it).

InformationForYou :

As for his social security payments, if you are entitled to support from him, then you may get a share of it but that would be the only way.

InformationForYou :

Good luck - I hope it works out for you. Please click accept to give me credit for responding.