ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

ra-ac

Customer Question

HE HAS LEFT MY DEVERAL YEARS AGO IN FEAR OF GOING TO JAIL FOR DV,HE WIPED OUT THE BANK ACCOUNTS TOOK ALOT OF CASH,STOCK FROM THE STORE,AND WALKED AWAY FROM ALL OF US NOW WE GET A CALL FROM A GIRL FRIEND SAYING HE HAS PASS TO HIS OLDEST SON WITH NO CONTACT INFO. WE ARE STILL MARRIED WHAT AND HOW CAN I DO? WE MADE A VERY COMFOTABLE LIVING AT THE TIME HE LEFT,AND HE TOOK EVERYTHING WITH HIM.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would like to help

Please be kind enough to explain what your situation is

1. Did you say that your husband contacted your oldest son and then your husband died ?

2.You asked, "What and how can I do" - About what ?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my husband has died,although we are still married we have not seen eachother in several years.do i have any rights
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your additional information,

If there was never any divorce, then you are his widow and you would be entitled to share in his estate. Since there is no information on what he owned, it would be impossible for anyone to say what amount of assets you would inherit. but, as his widow, you are entitled to share in his estate. It would be a very good idea to consult with a lawyer andhe would probably find out all the financil information for you and how much you would be entitled to,

Even if you are on a subscription plan or have made a deposit to JustAnswer, you still need to click ACCEPT for my Answer(s) before I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you for your understanding

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are appreciated