ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law

How long does CPS have to investigate in wright county in

Customer Question

How long does CPS have to investigate in wright county in MN
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.

ANDREA, :

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

My name isXXXXX am an Attorney and would be glad to help

ANDREA, :

The CPS office in Minnesota, as in every other state does not have a set time to finish their investigation. They will tell you that it will take as long as necessary to ascertain what has been going on in the home.

ANDREA, :

Something else to keep in mind, once any CPS Office has you on their radar screen, they will not let ago, they will always intrude on all your personal affairs, under the guise of "continuing to 'oversee' the home life of the children to prevent any harm to them".

Customer:

But if their was a claim made lets say last Wed wouldn't they already act on the person who did it?

ANDREA, :

I personally do not agree with their policies because they do not investigate the cases they should be investigating until it is too late for the child or children. But my opinion does not count.

Even if you are on a subscription plan or have made a deposit to JustAnswer, you still need to click ACCEPT for my Answer(s) before I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you for your understanding

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are appreciated

Customer:

but wouldn't they at least talk to both parties within a 72 hour time frame?

ANDREA, :

In Answer to your question, if they only learned of certain events or incidents last Wednesday, there is no way that they would know aything concrete. I think you are giving them much to much credit for initiative and conscientiousness, which they do not deserve. If the complaint to CPS

ANDREA, :

alleged some type of harm to a child, they could have the person whom they will be investigating removed from the home, but at that point, their investigation has barely started,

Customer:

But what if its a daycare person, wouldn't they come and talk to her? or have her shut down already?

ANDREA, :

In Answer to your quesiton of talking to the parets, here is no time frame they have to adhere to. They do not have anything in the way of any kind of schedule, like "First day do this, by the end of 48 hours complete that, by 72 hours, XY must be completed". Nothing like that exists. This another of the many reasons why I do not agree with any of their policies. But, again, my opinion does not count,

ANDREA, :

In Answer to your question, "What if it was a daycare.......... wouldn't they have her shut down already?"

Customer:

so if a parent made a complaint last wed about the daycare person their is no time frame for the county to talk to the daycare person

ANDREA, :

They cannot lose anybody down on mere conjecture, they would be sued every day of the week if they acted that way. The court would not allow this. For example, CPS shuts down a business, then takkes months to investigate. Meanwhile, after so many months, CPS finds that the daycare should not have been shut down and that they acted too hastily". What is the Daycare facility owners supposed to do at this stage, now that they reputation has been ruined and the business is lost completely ? They cannot be expected to accept CPS telling them, "Oops, sorry, wrong party"

Customer:

I guess I thought if a parent made a claim of abuse the CPS would at least go at talk to the provider in a short period of time.

ANDREA, :

CPS will go to speak to the person that is the subject of the accusation. But, receiving a call on a Wednesday, may not be feasible for CPS to speak to the daycare person. If it is a matter of life or death, or even severe abuse, the parent who uses the daycare facility will not take their child there until the accusaitons are substantiated, the person removed, and the Daycare shut

I believe that I have Answered the original question you posted.

As one of the Experts, I assist customers, like you, for a living, it is not a hobby or a pastime. I furnish information to you in good faith and hope that you will respect the honor system in the Terms of Service and press the “Accept” button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you, and a small portion of the deposit you made with JustAnswer. Unless a customer presses the “Accept” button, I do not receive any credit or payment. . I hope you can understand my position.

ANDREA, :

Hello, are you still there ?

Customer:

what do you mean feasible to talk to the daycare person? how would the provider know they are being investigated (unless the daycare worker told her) but would they shut down until they figure it out even if the child was no longer there?

ANDREA, :

By "feasible", I meant that CPS has a caseload and a heavily burdened schedule, of literally thousands of cases. This is not to say that it will take them two months to start their investigation, and speak to the people accused, but it would not be possible (unless death, or serious bodily injuries to a child were involved) to receive a Complaint on a Wednesday and think that CPS will be at the site, speaking to people within 36 hours, by Friday.

Customer:

ok. I know the county (license investigatior) talked to the provider about taking her license and said that CPS maybe out to she her but hasn't yet. I figured since that was Wed if she hadn't heard anything as of yet, well I figured they would have contacted her already since the licensor was out.

ANDREA, :

I cannot comment on that because I was not privy to their conversation.

I am going to respectfully XXXXX XXXXX of your question because I am going to get into trouble for remaining with one customer for this length of time, and I have been online on this quesiton for almost one hour, from 9:35. You have not Accepted any of the Answers which I gave in good faith. Without an "Accept" I do not receive any credit or any ayment for my time and efforts. The Terms of Use which customers and Experts must adhere to is that a customer asks one question, and the Expert furnishes an Answer to the customer and to any follow up quesitons for clarification of the Answer. It does not permit a consultaiton with an Attorney for almost one hour. You are submitting new questions which, by the Terms of Use, JustAnswer requires they be put in a new thread.

I wish you the best,

ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law