FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

My attorney filed several motions back in June. Having to do

My attorney filed several motions back in June. Having to do with custody and monies owed me because my exwife did not pay her share of both children's medical expenses.
Both my attorney and myself have been ill at different times since June and just recently was my first chance to review the motions. This whole situation has been going on
for 2 1/2 years but is all due to be over with on March 28--the last and final court proceedings. The problem is the math in a couple of petitions is incorrect or out of date.
Another problem is one or two of the petitions--I no longer want those petitions in front of the judge [or maybe severely amended]. Can my attorney pull out the motions I no longer want and can the other petitions be "fixed" before my date of court late this month?

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

Good morning. Your attorney can withdraw any motion, at any time, if you decide that you do not want to proceed on it. That is not a problem. However, you may need permission from the court to amend the other motions and/or update the information if it is old. If the other party agrees, it is not an issue. If they object to amending it, you would need to go before the Judge and if the reason is based upon wrong calculations and not the desire to add anything new, it should not be an issue.