Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

Is it legal for my ex to refuse to send my 5 year old daughter

Is it legal for my ex to refuse to send my 5 year old daughter on an airplane with an accompanied flight. She lives in washington state and i live in indiana. the court order says i get the summers. I have found a nonstop accompanied flight for her to come, but my ex says she wont sent her if i dont fly there to get her.
Thank you for your question.

That is a legitimate denial and concern. If your ex is claiming that the child is too young to fly alone (and that is a very valid argument since the child is only 5, she can choose not to allow the child onto the plane unless you personally pick her up. Such a request for a 13 year old may be unreasonable, but due to the extreme young age of the child, the courts will very likely find that argument to be legitimate and will uphold her right to not allow the child to fly alone.

Good luck.